I will admit that at times I am a card-carrying member of the Church of Wishful Thinking.* I can’t help it. I want to believe that all sorts of things are possible – world peace, the end of famine, a sane Republican Party, aliens – you know, stuff like that. Unfortunately, world peace is probably unattainable because people suck, the end of famine won’t happen because agribusiness is too strong, a sane Republican Party is currently an oxymoron, and aliens wouldn’t dare come to Planet Earth at the moment what with the shape that we’re in and all… though they would probably get a great exchange rate right now. The entire planet is half off!
However, some things can be inferred (right or wrong), and I would like to throw the rumor out there that somewhere in Europe (probably in England), the Foxboro Hot Tubs will play some secret shows.
How do I know? I don’t, but I present the following:
1. The Reverend Strychnine Twitch, lead singer of the Foxboro Hot Tubs and supposed lead singer and guitarist of Green Day, wrote in a May 30, 2008 FBHT blog post the following: “and with that said, thanks to all the Tub Heads for coming out for our first tour. Will there be more? I got you on my mind, england…STING!!!!! The Reverend Strychnine Twitch.”
2. Prima Donna, a great band from Los Angeles, will be opening for Green Day for the entire European tour.
3. Chinatown, one of the members of the Foxboro Hot Tubs, is rumored to be Kevin Preston, a member of Prima Donna.
4. Someone who will remain nameless and who saw FBHT on their tour last year, asked someone else who will also remain nameless and is a member of the Hot Tubs, if they were going to play in England at some point and the answer was in the affirmative.
5. Lastly, I just want it to happen something bad. If it happens on Green Day’s day off, Sunday, October 25th, this will be the icing on my wishful thinking cake. I’ll be in London that day after seeing Green Day the previous two nights at the 02. STINNG!!!
Like Mulder from the X-Files, I WANT TO BELIEVE.
We’ll see what happens.
The Lushie Gods be praised.
*See lyrics for East Jesus Nowhere